The Child Center is a central place where you can view and manage all of your child information and reports, and perform child-related tasks.
The Child List is a list of all of the children in your database. By default, the list also includes the Pickup QuickFlag icon. You can remove this icon or replace it with one of the other QuickFlag icons (shots, allergies, medical). In large lists, Childcare Manager adds a precision scroll bar to help you locate a name quickly. You can also use mouse wheel scrolling if you have a mouse with this capability. You can filter the Child List so that it displays only those children that meet a specific criteria. The Child List can be filtered by child status, program, enrollment date, withdrawal date, waiting date, and classroom. You can find a child by entering the name in the Search by Name box . This feature uses an incremental (progressive) search. When you type in a 'W' the program takes you to the first name in the list beginning with a 'W'. When you add an 'e' after the 'W', the program takes you to the first name in the list beginning with 'We'. For more advanced searches you can click the Advanced Search icon.
The Child Tasks list provides a list of child related tasks that can be performed while you are in the Child Center.
Child Notes is used to track notes specific to a child. You can also enter alerts that are automatically displayed on the alert date in Center Summaries.
Schedules is used to track child schedules. You can create an unlimited number of schedules for each child.
Batch Attendance is used to clock-in or out several children at the same time. You can use batch attendance in the evening, to clock out all of the children who forgot to clock-out. You can also use this function to clock in and out before and afterschool children that are bussed to their primary school.
Attendance is used to track child attendance. You can enter in and out times directly into the Child Attendance window using the Clock-In and Clock-
Out buttons, or you can use Childcare Manager's optional Time Clock.
The Child Reports list provides a list of child report categories. When you click a report category, a list of reports in that category replaces the Child List. To run a report, click the report and click Run on the Report Preview bar. If you double click the report, the Customize Report view will appear. Click Run Report to run the report or change the filter and or sort options.
The Child QuickView provides pertinent information about the child. More detailed information is located in the child data card. Data cards are accessed by double clicking on the name in the Child List or the name in the Child QuickView, or by clicking the edit child button on the QuickView tool bar.
The Child Data card provides detailed information about the child displayed in the Child QuickView. The information is organized into 8 tabs.
- The Personal tab is used to track general information about your children.
- The Medical tab is used to track contact information for key medical contacts. Also tracks blood type, date of last physical and medical notes.
- The Allergies tab is used to track allergies. Tracks type of allergy and severity and a record of treatment notes.
- The Bus-Run tab is used to track child bus-run schedules. Tracks bus-run name, type of run (pick-up or drop-off), scheduled days, and pick-up and drop-off locations.
- The Classroom tab is used to track a child's Classroom assignment.
- The Activities tab is used to track child activity assignments. Typical activities include dance, basketball, karate, baseball, and crafts.
- The Shots tab is used to track child immunization requirements and status. The shots tab displays the child's shot requirements and is used to update the child's shot record. Shot requirements can be based on birth, previous shot date and enrollment date. A QuickFlag is displayed in the Family and Child QuickViews whenever a shot is overdue. The child's name is also reported in Center Summaries.
- The Custom field tab is used to track child information Childcare Manager doesn't have a field for.